Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ms. Bing Castro of The Project Awesome's Meet and Greet :)

Yaaay survived the middle of the week! It's Wednesday already, one more working day and it's "Hello long weekend!". Friday's a regular holiday since it's Eidul-Fitar or end of Ramadan for our Muslim brothers and sisters.  There are 2 more upcoming holidays this August and I'm very much excited for I have things planned on those days! :)

Anyway, I have attended a meet and greet of a Pinay Youtube beauty guru and blogger, and it is none other than Ms. Bing Castro. You can check out her Facebook, YouTube Channel and Blog.

A screen capture of her YouTube Channel. My favorite video as of the moment is her tips and tricks on how to highlight and contour.

I've come to know about her meet and greet through her Facebook page. It was originally planned to be held at Tomas Morato at a small place but when a lot of people asked for more slots (myself included, I texted her at least twice), she moved the event in a bigger area. It was held at the penthouse of Bauhinia Tower in Tivoli Garden Residences at Mandaluyong.

Our table is on the right side. Photo credits to Dee.

Met these lovely girls. :) From left to right - Iya, Gina of Ginaholics, myself, Jhessica, Dee, Ryza and apologies to the last girl whom I forgot the name. :)

Me, Raych (you can check her out on YouTube and her blog) and Jhessica. Credits to Dee for our photo.

We even met Joyce Sola (on the right) of CandyLoveArt, you could also check her YouTube Channel.

We had a buffet meal after the first game. *burp*

Look at all the prizes and giveaways! :)

 After the meal, Ms. Bing gave a make-up demo for day time look.



The meet and greet started a bit late so unfortunately, Jhessica and I did not get to finish the whole event since we have plans later that night.

Participants did not came home empty handed - Ms. Bing was so generous that she gave each of us a cologne and a sample of Cara BB Cream, plus I won a blending brush from Beauty Cosmetics.

If I had known earlier I might've joined lots of events already! This was a first for me and definitely an unforgettable one as I got to meet other beauty enthusiasts. We exchanged blogs, mobile numbers and Facebook accounts so we could get updated on the latest products, sales and events. 

I truly admire these girls for they go after their passions and interests. I have been watching make-up tutorials since I was in early college and have experimented on different brands but what I saw last weekend was of pure passion and excitement for their craft. I am older than them but some of the girls have achieved so much. I was thinking on the ride home if I did the same earlier, I might've been where they are today.

As the day ended, I had this reverie of us (the girls I met) having a collaboration on a YouTube video. I even told them earlier that day that we should do one if time permits. I just hope that we continue to keep in touch and continue to attend these kinds of events to widen our knowledge and enthusiasm for make-up and beauty - you'll never know maybe someday my fantasy of having a collaboration with these girls might come true. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment