Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mint Julep Masque: A Review

Last week I did a mini skin care haul and one of the products I bought was the Mint Julep Masque. I'm having break outs here and there and medium to large size zits would just randomly pop out of my face. Of course like any other consumer I read through the reviews first before buying a product.


Two to three generous pumps would be enough to cover the entire face. After the first swipe of the product it seems that my skin is a bit hot than normal. I can feel it tingling on my skin like tiny needles are poking all at once, and after a few seconds it would start to cool down and dry at the same time.

I have oily skin so during the 15-minute wait I contemplated if I still need to put on moisturizer or not (also by this time I have painted my toenails (Pussy Red by Caronia) and buffed my fingernails *hihi*). From the reviews that I read a lot of girls recommended not to skip moisturizer as the masque can be drying.

I waited for almost 20 minutes to make sure that the masque seeped through my pores to rid of dirt. To rinse of, I just used tap water and patted it with a wash cloth. My skin feels smoother and I can definitely tell that the masque is a bit drying for my skin so as per recommendation from the reviews that I read, I applied moisturizer. The I one I used is Celeteque Water Based Moisturizer.

Since it was the first day I can't really tell if it did make a big difference on my skin or not. I still have pimples and the redness is still the same, so I decided to test the Mint Julep Masque for 3 consecutive days and see if it'll make an impact or not. The second day feels pretty much the same except that my pimples were starting to dry out a little. The third day certainly feels a lot smoother and lighter and when I woke up the next day, my pimples have dried out and the redness due to the acne was lessened. I'd like to try it out for a week but decided not to so I could give my skin a breather and not to dry out my face.

With all things considered, I think this product is a 100% match on my skin. It doesn't dry out my pimples faster than Tretinoin Stieva-A but it does its job in healing acne and lessening the redness plus it makes my skin softer and smoother. I highly recommend this product especially for oily skin. Just remember to apply moisturizer after to hydrate your skin and replenish moisture lost from the products used. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment