Friday, May 3, 2013

Finally It's Friday!

Well that was fast - it's Friday once again! Or was it made faster since Wednesday was a holiday? Anyhooo.. Since I was in the office 2 hours early, I decided to play with make-up and create a subtle, simple, office-appropriate eye make-up. For the past 5 years I have been watching make-up tutorials on Youtube and those make-up gurus make it seem pretty easy to apply and blend eye shadows.

I have been trying on some shadows for a couple of months and since brown is suitable for everyday eye make-up, I decided to buy one from Etude House. I have oily-combination skin (mostly oily, don't get fooled by the "combination" lol) so eye shadows tend to crease in my eye lids after 5 or so hours. To prevent creasing, I used Ellana Minerals Eye Primer.

Photo from Google. I forgot to take a picture of my own primer he he.

These are the products that I used for today's eye make-up:


Brown eye shadow from Etude House.


Black liquid eye liner from IN2IT.

Final look. Sorry for the quality of the photos since I only used my phone's camera. I'll upload clear photos on my next posts.

Have you noticed the brown shadow? I just placed it on the crease so it wont be as dark. The trick is to blend~ blend~ blend~ so as not to have harsh lines. I'm not into loud colors (pinks, greens, etc) but now I'm trying to experiment and see what colors would suit me best. Earth colors go well with my dark skin tone so I decided to try on brown for now plus it matches with everything. I'm planning on buying Naked Palette, the only one stopping me is the fact that it's expensive lol. And oh, the Urban Decay Primer Potion! It's a must-have for me, so maybe in a month or two I'll be sporting shadows from the Naked Palette. As of now, I'm content with this one shadow from Etude House.

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment