Friday, May 3, 2013

e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder: A Review

I am a big fan of bronzers and have been using it since I started to learn about make-up. Cause of my NC 40 skin, bronzers, for me, look more natural than pink or coral blushes. Every time I find my holy grail bronzer it gets discontinued (sad). I've used bronzers from Penshoppe (that I stocked up twice and when I returned to buy one more, they said the product got pulled out for re-packaging and never came back) and Max Factor's bronzer which was also discontinued.

What I don't like about bronzers is that they are often shimmery - it's as if you've taken a pack of glitters and applied it all over your face. It speeds up my oiling process since I get oily skin after 5 hours. Nevertheless, I still use shimmery bronzers as an alternative to blush. I don't contour my face as most people would do with bronzers, as I have a relatively smaller face than most people plus I don't know how to properly contour. Maybe I'm using the wrong make-up brush or I just need more practice.

Since my Max Factor bronzer is consumed, I started to look for alternatives and two products caught my eye - Body Shop's Bronzing Powder which will be featured on the next post and e.l.f.'s Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder.


Images are from Google. Will promise to take more pictures, doesn't matter if I use my phone's blurry camera or my SLR lol. This retails for more or less PHP 250.00 and can be found at local drugstores (Watson's, SM Department stores).

Colors are not as pigmented as I hoped it to be - it's much lighter in person. I can't seem to make out the colors on my skin (or is it because I am too dark?). I became oily and shiny roughly about an hour and it just didn't feel right on my skin. This is not all about criticizing e.l.f. products, but I think this particular bronzer and blush duo didn't seem to make the cut for me. I love their make-up brushes though - affordable and quality is okay.

What I really want to try is NARS Highlighting Bronzing Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna but it's hella expensive. You can find e.l.f.'s and NARS' review here. Side note - I've learned so much from this blogger, Karen, who is also a Pinay living in the U.S. You can click here to view Karen's blog and her reviews on other notable products.

So what happened to my e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, you ask? I gave it to my office mate who's as keen on make-up as I am (she said she didn't mind even if I used it once, the important factor here is it's FREE lol).

So far I'm loving Body Shop's Bronzing Powder, but would you know any more matte bronzers that are of good quality? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment