Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Tried and Tested Skin Care Routine

Upon checking the weather today...

Yes. It's that hot, and it's evening here. Imagine eight hours ago - It. Is. Burnin'. Tssss. Weather forecast brought to you by The Fucking Weather.

In days like these, my oiliness-is-next-to-ugliness fezz is secreting twice its sebum. So I thought of sharing my beauty regimen (?) for all those who have the same problem as I do.

I see to it that I cleanse night and day, before going to bed and when I wake up first thing in the morning. I'm not one of those who uses multiple products for washing my face. I seldom use make-up remover and I don't definitely use moisturizer cause it tends to make my face more oily on a humid country such as the Philippines.

I only use these 2 products:

Celeteque facial wash and toner.

Photos are taken from Google.

Celeteque is non-comedogenic, meaning that it does not cause break outs because they do not plug the pores of the skin. Non-comedogenic doesn't guarantee an acne-free skin for some products have this in their labels. It really is based on your skin type.

I'm not promoting Celeteque, this is just one product that my skin loves for some reason. I've tried a couple of products but my face doesn't seem to like it when I experiment on different brands. Ponds, Clean and Clear, Eskinol, Neutrogena and even Cetaphil - all seem to be too harsh on my skin as I had breakouts in a matter of days. When I found Celeteque, it was love at first sight. My friend introduced it to me back in college and 5 years have passed and I still use it every day.

Since I experienced breakouts from trying different products, I just stick to what my skin feels most comfortable with and I hardly ever test other brands (though I've recently purchased a product which every blogger has raved about, will talk about it on my next post).

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so to those who have the same dilemma as me, here are some pointers to battle looking like a frying pan ready to cook on in this summer heat:

1. Wash your face regularly. Not too frequent though as your face might dry up and become flaky, and also not to impede your skin in secreting its natural oils.

2. Drink lots of water. I'm guilty of this as I don't finish my 8-10 glasses everyday but at least now I'm trying. Water keeps your skin hydrated.

3. Don't sleep with make-up on. Make-up could clog your pores, thus resulting to acne.

4. Don't constantly change products (make-up wise and even facial washes). Not all products are compatible with acne-prone skin like I have, so just stick with what you're used to. Experimenting on different products will not only break you out but also aggravate your pimples.

5. Never ever pop your pimples. It'll leave marks on your face, and some marks are even accentuated by wearing make-up. Concealing will make it show more.

6. Don't eat too much junk food. As they say, "You are what you eat.". If you eat junk, then it'll reflect on your skin.

7. Sleep. I worked on night shift for almost 2 years, and it has taken a toll on my skin. My face was all blotchy and red, and no matter what I do, zits couldn't seem to stay away. I tend to drink too much coffee or  eat more than the usual just to stay awake at work. When I switched to working on a regular schedule, that is, on the day shift, I observed that my skin became clearer. Sleeping at night is way more better than sleeping in the day.

I'm not an expert or a make-up guru, I only found these out through experience. I hope this post has been helpful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment