Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: A Review

We were sitting on our desks in the office when I felt a slight shake on my chair, then it progressed to what I can describe as moderate bounces. It lasted for a minute or two, the strongest and longest earthquake I have ever felt, or maybe because we were on the 9th floor that's why I felt it more than those on the ground. Even the wall clock started swaying. The epicenter was on the north of the country, about 80 or so miles from Manila. Quite far from the Metro. Provinces up north were a bit shaken, literally, as featured in tonight's news. Good thing no one was hurt, no casualties were reported and everyone's safe.

Having said that, it was still burning today, a whopping 37 degrees Celsius or almost 97 degrees Fahrenheit and the hottest reported for this year. Of course, as I have oily skin, it shows up more in this kind of heat. As mentioned in my previous post, I seldom try new products for battling zits but I was influenced by a number of blog entries from beauty gurus that I often read.

Everyday, on my lunch break, I regularly visit Beauty Bar in Eastwood Mall (the perks of having a mall beside your office, I could just go shopping everyday!). I purchased two products - a matte bronzer which would be featured in the next coming posts, and the popular Tea Tree Oil. I was swayed to buy this for at that time I had three large zits on the right side of my face.



From the name itself I thought that it is fragrant, but it has, not too strong and not too faint either, well, weird smell. As you can see from the liquid it is slightly consumed. I only used this for three days cause I noticed that I began to have small pimples on the areas that I would apply Tea Tree oil, and the bigger zits doubled, not in size though but literally doubled. It's like it gave birth. Eww. So I decided that this product doesn't work for me, even the bottle says to discontinue use if irritation occurs, and so I did. On day 3.

I'm not saying that this product won't work, cause some say Tea Tree oil became the solution to their zit problems. As for me, this didn't do the job. 

Since this happened I'm now cautious in trying products out. I read every review there is before deciding to buy a product. If anything, I just stick to what I'm used to, that is, with those that don't break me out. As in life, what doesn't work won't ever will, and every experience like this you would gain knowledge not just on your skin, but to your whole body as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment