Thursday, October 10, 2013

August - September Makeup Haul :)

I know, I haven't written in weeks. September kept me busy with quarter end deadlines at work, catching up with friends and various activities. Though of course there's always enough time to squeeze in some makeup shopping.

I most specially enjoyed window shopping for makeup. I'm now in that stage where I want to experiment and try different products like bright lipstick shades and other eyeshadow pigments. So here is my August - September makeup haul, my biggest buy as of to date:


1. Palladio Herbal Foundation - A friend of mine from college introduced me to Rice Powder, produced from the same brand. Palladio products are non-comedogenic, which is the number one factor I look for in the items I directly apply on my face. Rice Powder did not break me out and it helped mattify my oily skin. So if that worked for me, why not try the other products from their line. So last March I purchased my first ever Palladio Foundation to test on my skin and I must say this is my holy grail foundation! (Okay stop blabbering, more of the Palladio Foundation on my upcoming review very soon) This is a re-purchase and my 2nd tube already. I am in the shade #8 or Golden Beige, their darkest shade so far. This retails for PHP 595.00 and can be found at all branches of Beauty Bar, nationwide.

2. Palladio Herbal Primer - This is my first primer purchase. Since Palladio worked on my skin, I just went ahead and bought this as a base for my makeup. Retails for PHP 685.00.

3. NYX Powder Blush in PB25 Pinched - I was browsing through an online store recommended by one of the Pinay YouTube beauty gurus and came across NYX products. NYX opened in Manila last June or July in SM North and now they have opened another branch in SM Fairview, just minutes away from where I live. But I bought this item and one more online. I've read a couple of reviews for this blush and they say it's a dupe for NARS Orgasm (which I haven't tried yet). This will also be reviewed in the upcoming posts. Retails for PHP 250.00 and can be bought at NYX Stores in SM North and SM Fairview, and also through this trusted online shop, Chic Cosmetics.

4. NYX Lipstick in Frappucino - An everyday nude lippie with a hint of shine. PHP 250.00 from Chic Cosmetics as well.

5. Charm Powder Brush - I've heard about Charm brushes and read good reviews. This is a powder brush but not as fluffed and round tipped as what I hoped for, so I'm using this as a contour brush. Purchased from Sample Room, but since I have earned points from my previous review, I got this for free and only paid for the shipping fee of PHP 100.00.

6. Props Tools and Cosmetics Eye Shadow Palette with Lipstick and Blush - I got this one from the Beauty Fair I recently went to. This is a good buy since it has a wide range of colors (blues, greens, etc), though most of it are earth tones. With a variety of lipsticks and blushes, you can't go wrong with PHP 750.00, sulit na sulit! I've also heard good reviews about this brand from different Pinay YouTube beauty gurus. Check Props Tools Facebook here, and their website here.

7. Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream - I am not a fan of BB Creams especially since I think it works just the same as a foundation does. This is my first purchase of a BB Cream and I wouldn't worry of breaking out since Body Shop is a tried and tested brand for my skin type and all their products are non-comedogenic, at least that's what the saleslady told me. I am in the shade # 03, their darkest shade yet. I got this one for half off the price, from PHP 1,195.00 to PHP 597.00.

8. Blue Hair Bling - I have been browsing an online store for weeks and their products caught my attention - to hair buns, makeup storage, makeup brushes and now they've even ventured to makeup itself. They have a 120-piece eyeshadow palette, 10-piece blush palette and they have the 3-piece blush, contour and highlight palette. Their items are affordable and I've read a lot of positive testimonials about their products and the online shop itself. This retails for PHP 100.00, you can check Miss Bella PH here.

9. Black Hair Bun Maker - Purchased from Miss Bella as well, this is only for PHP 75.00. A good hair accessory especially for bad hair days.

That concludes my August-September makeup haul. I admit I spent a lot :( I should save more moving forward though I can't resist at times lol. There are so many products and brands, but I think this'll be the last bunch of makeup I'll purchase for this year (as if hahaha!). But the one product I would really like to have is the Naked 1 Palette. Maybe as a Christmas gift for myself? We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment